Thursday, July 4, 2019

Tall Patriotic Journal

Hello and Happy 4th of July!!  I've made a Vintage, Tall Patriotic Journal.  I've used lots of Tim Holtz goodies on this.  It was so much fun to put together!
Front cover.

First 2 pages.

Next 2 pages.

Journal open all the way.  

Back of the pages.  The pages are made out of manilla file folders.  I stenciled on the back sides.  You can still add some journaling.  For the binding I used some cream color fabric and my Singer sewing machine.  I was doing Zig zag stitch and then on the last panel (far right) I got a surprise.  My daughter changed the stitch on the machine and I didn't notice it until it was too late.  I just ran with it.  It ended up on the front of the book and I really liked it...LOL!  

Supplies:
file folder
ivory fabric
Singer sewing machine
Authentique - Honor collection kit - patterned papers
3 Girl jam - blue crinkle ribbon
Tim Holtz:
paper dolls, milk bottle caps, ephemera, stars, garment pin, token, page clip, distress tool, Special delivery- remnant rubs, Big Chat word stickers, Stars stencil, Typo stencil
Mini Blueprints 2 stamps
Mixed Media #6 die
Distress Ink - faded jeans, candied apple, vintage photo -to stencil/ink edges
Distress Crayons - faded jeans, picket fence, fired brick - to color stamped images
Distress marker - festive berries -to color paper dolls

  Act 2 wooden embellishments
sequins
Glossy Accents
seed beads
The Paper Studio - burlap ribbon
ric rac trim

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a fun and safe 4th!!!

Cindy---


No comments:

Post a Comment