Monday, November 21, 2011

CC Wkly Challenge # 45: Run for the Border

Why does the title on this challenge make me think Taco Bell??  LOL!  It's been a few years since I've had Taco Bell.  Maybe it's a sign...Hee..hee!  Okay, I made a Christmas card for my project.  I put the border above and below an embossed white strip of paper to create the background for my card.  I kinda like how simple this looks :-)
Recipe:
A2 card in Kraft

DCWV -Merry Christmas Stack -all patterned papers

Create a Critter Cricut cart - lights @ 2"
Elegant Edges Cricut cart - burst - border @ 5" using fit-to-lenth feature ( I cut two and put one above and one below the white embossed paper)

Cuttlebug embossing folder - snowflakes

Pop dots for the bulbs, TPC Studio stamp from the Christmas Greetings set, Oriental Trading co brads, Sew Easy Fancy floss in wintergreen & candy stripe.

I tied the bows around the post of the brad and then applied the brad as normal--so the brad is anchoring the bow to the card :-)  Easy peasy!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Good luck to all in this challenge!

4 comments:

  1. Cute card. Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, beautiful card, love the simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! The detail is wonderful!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Congrats on being the weekly challenge winner! Woo Hoo!
    I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. :)
    Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete