Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mini Journal

Hello!  I made a mini journal for my husband's god daughter, Isabella for Easter.  I just realized I forgot to blog about it.  There are quite a few pictures with this one :-)  I used a great new paper stack by The Paper Studio called Ooh-La-La!  Love it!  Hope you enjoy!
                                                                      Front cover.

Inside cover.  I created a pocket and then a chipboard double-heart, covered with paper, and attached with a ribbon that she can tuck in the pocket or use as a bookmark.
I used a stamp to add some fun to the back of the first page.
I added a pocket/envelope before the back cover.  I stamped 'Dream' in white ink.
Back of the pocket/envelope.  Inside back cover.
Back cover :-) 

Recipe:
The Paper Studio - Ooh, La! La! - all patterned papers

Elegant Edges Cricut cart - hearts2 @ 5 1/2" using the book feature  ( I used the flip feature to cover the back of the book covers with paper), hearts2 @ 3" using the frame feature, hearts2 @ 3 1/2" using the oblong feature (for the pocket on the inside cover)

Kate's ABC Cricut cart - 'i' @ 2"

Graphically Speaking Cricut cart - Image 02@ 2 1/2" (double heart- I cut this in chipboard, too)

Wild Card Cricut cart - heart envelope @ 4 1/4" (I ended up cutting off the top flap-I should've bound the bottom edge of the envelope--next time :-)

Cereal boxes were used for the covers.  Deep cut blade @6, speed @low, pressure @max, multi-cut @3.

'Dream' stamp is K&Co., 'Love out Loud' stamp is Rubber Stampede, Sew Easy w/hearts attachment, Sew Easy fancy floss in bubble gum, pop dots, black ink for the edges, terrifically tacky tape 1/4" to attach the pocket, 1" Cinch binding wire in black, white copy paper cut to 5 1/2"x 5" for the inside pages of the jrnl, pink Love ribbon is HL, white organza ribbon is by Ribbon Boutique, black grosgrain ribbon is Celebrate It-Basic Narrows.

Phew-lots of instructions on this one--LOL!! 

Thanks for stopping by today :-) 

Cindy---

1 comment: