Friday, August 15, 2014

Crafty Catz Challenge #244: Recycle It

Happy Friday!  It's time for another great challenge on the Crafty Catz blog.  This time our theme is recycle it.  So, grab something you would normally recycle and make something fabulous with it :-)  Easy enough, right?!!

Our sponsor this time is:  Fred She Said.

I've used a recycled plastic coffee container.  It is green so I had to go with a Christmas theme.  It just made too much sense not to :-)  I'm planning on filling it with homemade Almond toffee that I usually make during the holidays.  It will be a gift for one of my kiddos' teachers before Christmas break.


Recipe:
Folgers plastic coffee can
The Paper Studio- It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year stack - all patterned papers
Dec 25th Cricut cart - frame @ 3 1/2", snowflake 5 @2 1/2", snowflake @ 1 3/4", snowflake 3 @ 1 3/4"
Diamond Stickles
pop dots
red bling
Red/white Trendy Twine
Green/white Sew Easy floss -wintergreen

Thanks for stopping by today!  Come play along with us at Crafty Catz!

Cindy---

7 comments:

  1. Such a great idea Cindy. I love the gift box. Who would guess it is made from a coffee container! The result is stunning. Have a great weekend. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and beautifully done, the almond toffee sound delicious too, have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. An awesome upcycle project. Love the Christmas theme and the chalkboard with the wording on it. There is one lucky teacher out there.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea! I suddenly have a craving for Christmas chocolate coffee cookies! At least, that's what I imagine I would put inside your gorgeous container. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous project! great idea for Christmas gifts. Hope you have a great week. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great recycling, Cindy! I love your Christmas tub. I bet it will be filled with some yummy chocolates. I'm off to get one :)
    Sorry I'm visiting so late! I hope you're having a nice week!
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely idea Cindy, I have to try this one, it will be a perfect X-mas gift. Sorry for being so quiet during my holidays, the internet was really lame there. Have a nice week!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete