Sunday, July 1, 2018

MIU#15 - July: Mixed Media

Hello there!  It's the start of another month and that means an amazing challenge over on the Mix It Up blog.  Our theme this month is Mixed Media.  I really had fun with this one.

I used Distress Oxides for the background.  Then I added a few spritzes of water.  I used my heat tool to dry it.  And then I added some texture paste through a stencil to give the background some more interest.  I watercolored the sea horse and the sea weed with a water brush and Distress Oxides.  Love the effect this created.

Recipe:
Unity Stamp Co - SMAK 1/18 kit (sentiment), Cuddlebug Sea Horse kit
Strathmore watercolor paper
misti
heat tool
Ranger black Pigment ink
Zing clear embossing pwd
Distress Oxides - peacock feathers, rusty hinge, salty ocean, twisted citron, vintage photo
waterbrush
DecoArt Texture paste
Tim Holtz Bubbles stencil
foam squares
Pretty Pink Posh - clear sequins
Glossy Accents

Thanks for stopping by today :-)  If I've inspired you please consider following me.

Cindy---

3 comments:

  1. Love the mixed media! Beautiful!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable,teamie! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab colours and textures Have a great day xx

    ReplyDelete