Sunday, June 17, 2018

Happy Father's Day!

Hello there!  It's Father's day so I thought I would share the card I made for my dad this year.  I had a blast using some new supplies.  I love how it turned out.

I took watercolor paper and cut it to the size of my cardbase.  Then I lightly spritzed it with water.  Then I used a Tim Holtz 3-D texture fade embossing folder to add some serious dimension.  I ran this through my Cuttlebug 3 times.  Note:  since this embossing folder is so thick you only want to use 1 cutting pad.  Then I dried the paper with my heat tool.  Next I applied Distress Oxide inks and then spritzed with water to get some really cool effects.  Dried it with my heat tool.  Then I sprayed it with Distress Mica spray to add some shine.  And dried it again.  Too fun!

Recipe:
Strathmore watercolor paper
Tim Holtz 3-D Texture fade embossing folder
Ranger heat tool, spray bottle
Tim Holtz Distress Oxides - black soot, Hickory Smoke
round blending tool
Tim Holtz Distress Mica Spray - brushed pewter
Misti
Unity Stamp Co - Best Tool in the Box stamp kit
watercolor pencils

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you have a wonderful day today celebrating the men/dad's in your life.

Cindy---

No comments:

Post a Comment