Monday, July 18, 2011

CC Road to CHA Pennant Contest

The challenge was to create a pennant using the Cricut cart Birthday Bash.  You could choose any pennant shape on pages 38-70 and use the fit-to-pg feature on a 12x12 piece of cs.  The pennant is to showcase my state and will be made into a banner at the CHA crop along with all the other entries from my fellow Circlets :-)  I hope they post pictures on the blog!!!  I chose the wavy banner shape to give my flag the look of movement.  I kept things pretty simple with the colors and the design.  I like it how it turned out.



Recipe:

The Paper Studio - textured cs stack - red and blue papers

Birthday Bash Cricut cart - pennant shape from pg 60 using the fit-to-pg feature it turned out to be 11"
MS Seasonal Cake Art Cricut cart - star @ 2 3/4" (i cut 2)
Old West Cricut Cart - letters @ 1 1/2", barbed wire border @ 1/2" (I cut three of these to get the length I needed), longhorn@ 5" using the flip feature

Cuttlebug embossing folders - swiss dot (star, white letters), distressed stripe (white section of the flag)

I used pop dots to add dimension to the star and the word Texas, white Marvy gel pen for the doodles, black organza ribbon by RibbonFX (HL), white and red polka dot ribbons are by Basic Narrows (M's).

Thanks for looking!  I had fun making this pennant! Good luck to all!

2 comments:

  1. Simple is good, you did a great job! Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love your Texas banner. I have mine cut but didn't get it together in time to mail it as we were traveling the week before.

    I also REALLY hope they show all of the banners at the meetup!

    ReplyDelete