Wednesday, August 15, 2018

CCAYR - August - Warm/hot colors

Hello there!  It's time for the mid-month reminder post over on the Christmas Crafts All Year Round blog.  Our theme this month is Use warm/hot colors (red, orange, yellow).

I used a large poinsettia stamp.  I've had this one for a while.  It's red rubber and mounted on a wood block.  I'm not sure who the stamp is from as it's not marked with a company name.  I stamped the image and then embossed it and then used Distress inks to watercolor it.  I created a background with Distress inks and then used a background stamp from Tim Holtz.  I love how this came out.

Recipe:
Poinsettia stamp
Ranger Pigment ink
Zing clear embossing pwd
Distress ink - Festive Berries, worn lipstick - (to watercolor the image)
Oxide ink - Fossilized Amber, Candied Apple (to watercolor the image)
Stickles - Golden rod
Distress ink - Mustard seed, Vintage Photo (background)
Oxide ink - fossilized Amber (background)
Tim Holtz - Season's Silhouettes - background stamp (Vintage Photo was used to stamp this)
Misti
pop dots

Thanks for stopping by today.  Come play along with us at CCAYR.

Cindy---

No comments:

Post a Comment