Friday, January 21, 2011

Impression Obsession Stamps: The Color Purple Challenge

The challenge is to create a card in the color purple and use Impression Obsession stamps.

I used an Impression Obsession stamp from the set called Birthday Cakes (CL203) by Leigh Hannan.

Solid purple paper is DCWV textured cardstock stack.  Polka dot paper is by the Paper Studio from The Basics stack.

I used the Cricut cartridge Plantin Schoolbook to cut both ovals for the frame.  The dark solid purple oval is cut at 3" and the polka dot oval frame is cut at 3 1/4". 

I colored the birthday cake with colored pencils, gel pens, and a white pen.  I used Diamond Stickles it add some sparkle.

I added pop dots to give dimension to the polka dot frame.  I added a purple grosgrain ribbon by Ribbon Boutique.

2 comments:

  1. Love the purple... love the polka dots...love the card!! Thanks for following me on my blog!! :)
    Lori
    http://got2bcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the polka dots and the image in the middle looks very YUMMY!! Love the sparkles!! TFS. I'm now your 10th follower YAY!! I'm excited to see your next project!! Welcome to blog world and if you ever need any help just e-mail me nlpimentel@aol.com or visit my blog:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete