Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Catch the Bug: Joy Fold Card Tutorial

Hello there!  I'm so excited!  I'm being featured over on the Catch the Bug challenge blog.  YAY!!  If you have made your way here from there thanks so much for joining me for this fun, Joy Fold Card Tutorial.

This is an easy card fold :-)  Here is the finished card.  I love, love this image.  It's so cute!

 
You will need 2 pieces of cardstock.  One cut at 4 1/4 x 6 1/4" and the other cut at 3 x 6".
 Score the 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 at 4 1/4".  Score the 3 x 6 piece at 3".  (sorry, score lines are really hard to see in the photo)

 Fold on the score lines.

 Add designer papers, an image and any other embellishments.  Or you could use double-sided patterned paper and this card would go together very quickly.
 Attach the smaller 3x3 flap piece to the center of the 4 1/4 piece as shown above. 
And it's just that easy:-)  I like to close mine with ribbon or twine. 

Recipe:
Joy fold card base - finished size is 4 1/4" square
Bugaboo Digi Stamp - Winter Birds - Friend
The Paper Studio - North Pole Production stack - all patterned papers
watercolor pencils
Diamond Stickles
white satin ribbon

I have a couple other cards using this Joy fold from past blog posts :-)

 
 
http://inlovewithpaper.blogspot.com/2014/08/do-you-wanna-build-snowman.html

Wow, I just realized I used similar colors on all three cards....LOL! 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Feel free to leave me a comment or follow me if you'd like. 

Cindy---

I'm entering this into the following:
 Crafter's Café #88:  Things with Wings
 City Crafter #235:  Stripes
 Love to Create:  139:  More than 1 fold
 Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #200:  If you want to get ahead get a hat

13 comments:

  1. Cute! I'm going to give this a try.I love that color combo, too. Thanks for the tutorial!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card design, Cindy. Will need to give this a try! Lovely color combo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card ! Great design and colours !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Cindy they are all beautiful... and thank you for reminding me about this type of card fold. Id forgotten all about that design
    Im sure you will do extremely well in the challenges.
    Im now a big fan of your work & a new follower
    {{{happy crafting hugs}}}
    Marg ;0 x
    craftycardsbymarg.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards. Thanks for the tutorial. I have not seen this type of card before. I'd say ha ha that's funny you used the same colors but I find myself using the same colors a lot of times. Kinda like my "go to" colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Youer cards are beautiful and I love love love the design of your 1st card. And spot on our theme! Thank you so much for being with us at CCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 200 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all three cards!! Such lovely colors used! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

    Mei
    LTC DT
    Creative Fingers DT 
    Friday Sketch DT
    Sami Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all gorgeous!! I love your fold (thanks for the tutorial!! I'm gonna have to try it!!!) and those papers are PERFECT!!! THANKS for joining us at Love to Create this week!! Good luck!
    HUGS,
    Chris - DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card! Love the image, your papers are perfect for the design! Thank you for joining our "More than 1-Fold" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is fun, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Cindy!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete